Korean Beacon Weekly Food Column

0 Comment
Korean food is magnificent at four in the morning. After a late night of partying, all I can think about is how delicious the steamed egg is going to taste when it enters my mouth. The steam rising from the bubbling pot of goodness makes me sweat a little, and the sweet aroma of the sesame oil infused in the egg instills a sense of comfort in my dreary mind and most importantly, keeps me from passing out on the sticky table.


steamed egg



I never intended to start a food blog, but that by no means suggests that my love affair with food has been a short one. Back in college by Morningside Heights, I loved binging on the decadent milkshakes at Tom’s and going up to Fairway Harlem to buy groceries for my weekly sumptuous cooking feasts with the “Iron Chef Society” I had formed with my two lovely male friends. During my investment banking days, I looked forward to scanning Seamless everyday for new restaurants and I’d often get calls from colleagues on random nights asking me for suggestions on places to take their dates. Before giving them a list, I always had them answer three questions: type of cuisine, atmosphere, and price. Now, they’ve appointed me as their “walking Zagat guide.” And so in February, I finally started documenting my reviews on www.jumelli.blogspot.com, and I recently decided to saddle up and take on the foodie role at Korean Beacon.
To give a “taste” of what I’ll be doing in the upcoming months, I will be posting bits and pieces on Korean foods, restaurants, events, recipes, and other delicious things of the sort. If you have any suggestions or ideas on things/places/events you like/hate/adore, please open your hearts and share them with me at submit@koreanbeacon.com
For those of you foodies who haven’t seen Julia and Julie yet, I highly recommend it! I love the one scene where Julie Powell tells Eric that no matter how terrible of a day you’ve had, you can always come home and find comfort in knowing that if you mix chocolate with butter, sugar, and eggs, you will get a fabulous chocolate mousse. I almost slobbered over myself watching her whip the mousse into a buttery, chocolate-y chunk of goodness on screen.
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "Korean Beacon Weekly Food Column"

Post a Comment